Saturday, November 04, 2006

PETERSON MARINE,INC....CSY GOOD GUY

Refrigeration/ Water Makers etc. etc. Ron Sheridan
Nov 04, 2006 18:11 PST

This week, the CSY discussion has leaned t
owards refrigeration rebuilds
or replacements for the 37/33 models if I'm getting this right. The
questions are also leaning towards the normal questions of air vs. water
cooling.

This weekend here in St. Petersburg we have been blessed again with a
local show called "Sail Expo"...a national event.

I took care of business yesterday, but today I
floated back thanks to
tickets passed on to me by David and Elaine, up in the Panhandle of
Florida. "Thank you both!"

While at the show today, I thought of thing
s other than my own and
looked at refrigeration systems and talked to the Refer guys, and then more
in depth to Pat Peterson of Peterson Marine, Inc.. Some of you might remember his name.

A few years ago, my wife and I did our best to put on the FIRST, CSY
GAM, a 3 day weekend event, here in St. P
etersburg, Fl.. It turned out
to be a hell of alot more than we ever anticipated and all very
positive. 50 folks showed up, not!! the 20 we hoped for. [We realllllly
juggled up to the last minute to make things work]. A "southwinds"
magazine article was written about it.
The son of John Van Ost, (the
owner of the company- "CSY" Bob Van Ost,) showed up as well as Rick
Shelley, past Quality Control Manager and Station manager. We had a
HOOT of a time and am sorry that EVERY ONE of the CSY FAMILY could not
attend.BUT...............................

YES BUT........................

a gentleman, ex CSY worker, that had made his way in life to show up at
the GAM (an exemplary person to the
extreme,) raised his hand also.
Who was this guy? Pat Petersen. Rick Shelley called me up at the
last minute and said "hey this guy worked at the factory and would
really like to come!"
At this last minute, we were actually close to saying NO. "Luckily",
Pat was just before that moment and we said Great!! we had a seat left.
{Since Pat was an employee of the company way back when and we really
wanted to bring in the ...old...blood, he was definitely 'in'. }

Pat came back to us and said, he wanted to offer a Door Prize. He
offered a $1600. Air Conditioning unit!!!
!!!!!!!!! WOW!!
WE..........after MUCH solicitation, had received plastic whistles and
other toys from West Marine, but Pat stepped up Big Time.

At the beginning of our main dinner festivities, of our CSY GAM, Pat Petersen showed up and said, "I'd like to up my ante
and present a door prize of a better, TWO THOUSAND $ AC UNIT.

well OK,,,what could we say...no??

Over the years, every time I have met this guy he is as straight as he
was then. Positive! to the hilt.

This weekend I got to see him again at the show and asked him if he had
any difficuty with me placing his Company as a LINK on my CSYsailboats
LINK list. Also, upon further discussions about the latest questions of
you CSY crew about refrigeration problems and most of it was about Adler
Barbor, I asked him, in private to discuss the issue
in depth with me.
He did. I had also previously checked out the Adler Barbor competition
at the show and told him that so he could answer my critical objections
honestly.(by the way, I will send a copy of this to him. You and he
need to deal if necessary on a level table.) I trust Pat. I really do
like the guy...keep in mind he is Not a mega corp. but came up from
humble love of boats and passed on $2k of thanks to CSY through the Only
Meeting we have ever had as a group that I know of. He IS a major business however so please do not treat him as 'small fry' he is hon
est and good and
getting his just deserves/busy as hell...but is still honorable and I think kind to the CSY family.

I told him I would put a link to his site on mine. He deserves it!
I asked him if he would mind addressing personal questions from YOU and maybe BOAT SHOW PRICING!!!??? HE
SAID...........FINE!

Your choice, your dime. I think you will be happy. Please let me know if you are not!

Petersen Marine, Inc.
serving the Bay Area for over 25 years


Pat Petersen

++++++++++please see more at the CSY site below, I will try to upload
info there to help you.

NOTE ALSO, PETE SAYS HE IS REALLY TOO BUSY
TO KEEP UP WITH HIS WEBSITE SO PLEASE "CALL HIM". ---TELL HIM YOU ARE REFERRED TO THIS VIA HIS DONATION OF A CSY GAM DOOR PRIZE. HE WILL REMEMBER OUR CONVERSATION THEN. I HAVE NEVER ORDERED A THING FROM HIM NOR NEED TO. THIS IS FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL NEEDING EQUIPMENT.
CLICK ON THIS PINK FORM TO ENLARGE IT!!
http://memoryrose.blogspot.com
http://csysailboats.blogspot.com
http://ron-sheridan.blogspot.com
S.V. MEMORY ROSE, PILOTHOUSE KETCH, #2

No comments: